Alka Lamba Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Alka Lamba is a Indian Politician. Alka Lamba was born on 1st September 1975 at New Delhi, India and her real age is 44 years 5 months .
Alka Lamba Biography
44 years, 5 months, 23 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes, 23 seconds.
16247 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Alka Lamba also called as Alka Lamba. Check out below to know more details about Alka Lamba’s Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Husband, Boyfriends, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: BiographyCategory: PoliticianIndustry/Sector: Not Known
|Real Name||Alka Lamba|
|Pet / Nick Name||No Such Pet Names Yet|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Alka Lamba Age (Current)||44 years 5 months 23 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||(M/D/Y)|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Sure|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- Not Applicable (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Alka Lamba's Height||(approx.)in centimeters- 160 cm in meters- 1.60 m in feet inches- 5’ 3”|
|Weight||(approx.)in kilograms- 55 kg in pounds- 121 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Alka Lamba Father||Amar Nath Lamba|
|Mother||Raj Kumari Lamba|
|No. Of. Brothers||0|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Amar Nath Lamba
Mother – Raj Kumari Lamba
Brother – Not Known
Sister – Not Known
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Alka Lamba Relationship Status||Divorced / Separated|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Love Come Arrange Marriage|
|Spouse||Lokesh Kapoor (Divorced)|
Affairs/Boyfriends – Ashish Khetan (Rumoured)
|Alka Lamba's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Son – Hrithik Lamba
Daughter – None
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Alka Lamba's Caste||Father - Not Known|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Not Sure|
|Home Town||New Delhi, India|
|Alka Lamba's Current City||New Delhi, India|
|Address||C-39, Tagore Garden Extension, New Delhi|
|School||Government Girls Senior Secondary School No. 1, Delhi, India|
|College||UG in Delhi UniversityPG in Bundelkhand University.|
|Alka Lamba's Qualification||BSc, MSc in Chemistry, M.Ed, Master of Education|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Alka Lamba, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Alka Lamba, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Alka Lamba, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Alka Lamba, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Alka Lamba, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Alka Lamba's Hobbies||Photography|
|Music||loves all forms of music|
- She likes to write and travel.
- In 2003, Lokesh Kapoor (her former husband) alleged that Alka had occupied his house in Subhash Nagar illegally and was using his house as her political office for the last three years. He even claimed that Alka had been harassing him and his family ever since their marriage.
- In 2017, a fire broke out in the Chandni Chowk area of Delhi. To examine the fire rescue operation, Alka Lamba climbed the fire truck, which drew criticism from the public and political parties as her actions had delayed the process of rescue operations.
- In 2016, she alleged that Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal stopped the installation of CCTV cameras in her Assembly constituency and protested in front of his residence.
- In 2016, she gave a statement against the former Delhi Transport Minister Gopal Roy, because of which, she was suspended from the post of National spokesperson of AAP. In her statement, she claimed that Gopal Roy had resigned from the party so that the trouble-free inquiry of corruption case could be carried out in Roy’s department and she had related his resignation to a corruption act. In contradiction to her statement, Gopal Roy had proclaimed that he had resigned from his post only due to health issues.
- She runs an NGO called ‘Go India Foundation,’ which aims to empower women and youth, encouraging them to take part in the political, social, and economic development of India. The NGO came into focus in 2015, when 65,000 people donated blood on a single day through the NGO. The campaign was promoted by famous Bollywood personalities including Salman Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Aamir Khan, Dia Mirza including Russian Ambassador to India Alexander Kadakin.
- In 2018, she won MLA of the Year Award by Dainik Prayukti.
- She has visited the UK, Russia, the US, China, and Venezuela to attend seminars and give speeches about women’s empowerment, human rights and sustainable development in third-world nations.
- On 6 November 2019, she declared her resignation from the primary membership of AAP through her twitter account and also urged Arvind Kejriwal to accept her resignation.
- In December 2018, AAP passed a resolution in Delhi Assembly to withdraw Bharat Ratna conferred on the former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi for his alleged role in the 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots. Alka posted the resolution on her social media account and alleged that the party had pressured her to support the resolution and she had staged out. Thereafter, the party asked her to resign from the Delhi Assembly and primary membership of the party. Reportedly, they demanded her resignation because she had pressured them to support Rajiv Gandhi.
- In 2018, she along with other 19 AAP MLA’s were disqualified by Election Commission of India in the ‘Office of Profit Case.’ President of India, Ram Nath Kovind also approved their disqualification. However, she moved the Delhi High Court challenging the verdict of Election Commission along with the other MLA’s.
- In 2016, Alka Lamba went to meet the victim of Guwahati Molestation Case during a packed press conference. Alka faced massive criticism for revealing the identity of the victim in media. After which, she was removed from the fact-finding team of the National Commission for Women (NCW).
- In 2015, she was charged with vandalism and property destruction after she severely vandalized a liquor shop near the Kashmere Gate area of old Delhi the liquor shop near the Kashmere Gate area of old Delhi. The recorded CCTV footage showed that she was leading the attack and supervising her supporters to throw out the things. Reportedly, the owner of the shop was a BJP supporter and refused the AAP workers to put their party’s poster in the windows of the shop.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Alka Lamba's Salary||Her salary as the MLA of Delhi is Rs. 6,24,000 (as in 2019) including allowances.|
|Assets||Million USD (approx)|
|Net Worth||(approx.)Rs. 1.5 crore (as per 2014-15)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Pomegranate, Star apple|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Prague and Lisbon|
|Alka Lamba's Favourite Colour||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Musician||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
Alka Lamba joined National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) in 1994 and was appointed as the Delhi State Girl Convener. In 1995, she won Delhi University Students’ Union (DUSU) election for the post of President. In 1996, Alka Lamba was appointed as the All India Girl Convener for NSUI and was appointed as the President of all India NSUI in 1997. Alka became the General Secretary of All India Mahila Congress in 2002. In 2003, she contested the Delhi Assembly Elections from the Moti Nagar Constituency against the BJP leader Madan Lal Khurana and lost. In 2006, Lamba became a member of All India Congress Committee (AICC) and was designated as the General Secretary of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC). In the same year, she was made the Vice Chairperson of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD). From 2007 to 2011, she served as the Secretary to the All India Congress Committee (AICC) at the Indian National Congress. Alka left INC in December 2014 and joined Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
She contested the Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections from Chandni Chowk constituency on Aam Aadmi Party’s ticket in 2015 and won by a margin of 18,287 votes. On 6 September 2019, she left AAP after many months of bitterness with the party. The same day, she joined Congress in the leadership of Sonia Gandhi.
No Awards Received so far by Alka Lamba