Kamal Haasan's Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Girlfriend, Affairs, Family, Biography, Facts, Photos, Videos & More
Kamal Haasan is a Indian Film Actor, Producer, Director, Dancer, Lyricist, Screenwriter. Kamal Haasan was born on Sunday, November 07, 1954 at Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu and his real age is 65 years 10 months .
65 years, 10 months, 13 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, 16 seconds.
24059 Total days
Wiki / Biography, Biodata
This Article covers detailed story about Actor Kamal Haasan, who also called as Parthasarathy.
It Covers more details about Kamal Haasan’s Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Kids, Affair, Girlfriends, Wife, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards, Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Serial / Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Body Size and Measurements & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Actor
|Pet / Nick Name||No Such|
|Profession||Film Actor, Producer, Director, Dancer, Lyricist, Screenwriter|
|Origin||Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Kamal Haasan Age (Current)||65 years 10 months 13 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||-- 11/07/1954 (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Sure|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Size, Measurements||Chest: 42 inches|
Waist: 30 inches
Biceps: 16 inches
|Kamal Haasan's Height||5 feet 5 inches / 165 Centimeters|
|Weight||70 kg / 154.35 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
|Nature||Openness to Experience|
Father / Mother, Family Details
|Kamal Haasan Father||D.Srinivasan|
|No. Of. Brothers||2|
|No. Of. Sisters||1|
|Kamal Haasan Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
|Spouse||Vani Ganpati, Sarika Thakur|
Affairs / Girlfriends – Vani Ganpati, Sarika Thakur
Son / Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||2|
Daughter – Shruti Haasan, Akshara Haasan
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Kamal Haasan's Caste||Father - Caste Not Sure Yet.|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Languages Known||Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Home Town||Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu|
|Kamal Haasan's Current City||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Sir M.Ct.Muthiah Chettiar Boys’ Higher Secondary School Hindu Higher Secondary School in Chennai|
|Kamal Haasan's Qualification||Not Known|
|Does Kamal Haasan, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Kamal Haasan, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Kamal Haasan, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Kamal Haasan, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Kamal Haasan, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Kamal Haasan's Hobbies||Playing musical instruments, Movies, Listening to Music|
|Food||Continental, Italian, South Indian|
|Music||Film songs, Heavy metal|
- Kamal Haasan is the only Indian actor to win more than 18 Filmfare Awards (two Filmfare Awards and more than 16 Filmfare South Awards); R. Rahman stands second with 14 Filmfare Awards.
- In 1987, he appeared in a silent film “Pushpaka Vimana.”
- He is the only Indian actor whose seven films have made entry to Oscars.
- His long-desired film “Marudhanayagam” was inaugurated by Queen Elizabeth 2 in 1997. The movie’s shooting had started in 1997, but it was released 18 years later in 2015.
- His welfare association, Kamal Narpani Iyakkam organises blood and eye donation campaigns.
- He is the only Indian actor to play ten different roles in a film. The film was “Dasavathaaram (2008).”
- Director Mani Ratnam is his relative as his niece, Suhasini is married to Mani.
- He has acted in various languages such as Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada & Bengali.
- Reportedly, he was offered Rs. 100 crores to join a political party, but he refused it.
- He is the only actor who has given five hit films in a year (1982).
- He is the first Indian actor to get a salary of Rs. 1 crore in 1984.
- Kamal Haasan signed a declaration on 15 August 2002 that after his death, his organs would be donated to the Anatomy Department of the Madras Medical College.
- His film Raja Paarvai (1981), is India’s first film to have visual effects and animation.
- Throughout his acting career, he has suffered more than 30 fractures while performing stunts.
- In 2017, he was roped in to host the popular television reality show Big Boss Tamil on Star Vijay TV. He continued hosting the next two seasons of the show.
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Nagesh, Shivaji Ganesan, M. G. Ramachandran, Rajesh Khanna|
|Favourite Actresses||Sridevi, Sripriya|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bicycle Thieves (1948), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Sholay (1975)|
|Favourite Director(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Karimeen Fish|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Honeydew, Tamarind|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Honolulu and Brussels|
|Kamal Haasan's Favourite Colour||White, Blue, Black|
|Favourite Musician||Naushad, Ilaiyaraaja|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Martial arts|
- During his campaigning in the Tirupparankundram constituency in the Madurai District of Tamil Nadu for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Kamal attracted controversy over a statement in which he described Nathuram Godse (the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi) as Independent India’s first Hindu extremist. His statement made huge uproars in public and even a slipper was thrown at him, followed by a police complaint against him.
- While hosting the television reality show Big Boss Tamil in 2018, he justified the use of abusive words in daily social life. He received huge criticism over it. Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK), a right-wing political party demanded Kamal’s arrest for the use of foul language in public platform.
- In 2017, a case was filed against Kamal for hurting the religious sentiments of the people. He made a statement that his country honoured the book (Mahabharata) that shows men gambling a woman (Draupadi) as a mere object. HMK party members filed a case against him at the Chennai City Police Commissionerate and remarked him as ‘Anti-Hindu.’
- In 2017, he raised his voice against the ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA),’ who opposed the festival of Jallikattu (a bull chase festival), which is also a part of Pongal festival, and they also demanded to get it banned. Kamal, following the controversy, remarked that if ‘Jallikattu was going to be banned then Biryani should be banned too.
- In 2016, when entire Tamil Nadu mourned at Jayalalithaa’s (politician) death. Kamal tweeted, “I feel for the people those who are dependent on her. Deep condolences to those concerned.” Several Twitteratis criticised the actor for his remarks.
- In 2013, his film Vishwaroopam sparked several controversies. There was a ban on the movie; as it was thought that the film might create a religious disharmony. Kamal was even threatened to leave Tamil Nadu. A faction of Muslim community in Tamil Nadu even alleged that the film implied that all Muslims were terrorists. However, Kamal reached an agreement with the Muslims of Tamil Nadu and eventually, the ban was lifted.
- Following Chennai Floods in 2015, Kamal stated that he felt guilty for the victims of the flood and questioned the government as to where all of tax-money was going. He was slammed by the then finance minister of Tamil Nadu, O. Pannerselvam, who said that the actor was confused without knowing the ground reality.
- His film Hey Ram (2000) faced protest from political parties as they thought that the film portrayed Mahatma Gandhi negatively.
- In 2004, he was forced to change the name of his film from Sandiyar to Virumandi after Pudhiya Tamizhagham (political party) said that the title of the film could create caste-related controversies.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Kamal Haasan's Salary||2 lakh (approx)|
|Net Worth||Million USD (approx)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
As an Actor
Kalathur Kannamma, Paarthal Pasi Theerum, Paadha Kaanikkai, Kannum Karalum, Vanambadi, Anandha Jodhi, Maanavan, Annai Velankanni, Kurathi Magan, Arangetram, Sollathaan Ninaikkiren, Paruva Kaalam, Gumasthavin Magal, Naan Avanillai, Kanyakumari, Anbu Thangai, Vishnu Vijayam, Aval Oru Thodar Kathai, Panathukkaga, Cinema Paithiyam, Pattampoochi, Aayirathil Oruthi, Then Sindhudhe Vaanam, Melnaattu Marumagal, Thangathile Vairam, Pattikkaattu Raja, Njan Ninne Premikkunnu, Maalai Sooda Vaa, Apoorva Raagangal, Thiruvonam, Mattoru Seetha, Raasaleela, Andharangam, Appooppan, Agni Pushpam, Manmadha Leelai, Anthuleni Katha, Samassiya, Swimming Pool, Aruthu, Satyam, Oru Oodhappu Kan Simittugiradhu, Unarchigal, Kuttavum Sikshayum, Kumaara Vijayam, Idhaya Malar, Ponni, Nee Ente Lahari, Moondru Mudichu, Mogam Muppadhu Varusham, Lalitha, Aaina, Uyarndhavargal, Siva Thandavum, Aasheervaadam, Avargal, Madhuraswapnam, Sreedevi, Unnai Suttrum Ulagam, Kabita, Ashtamangalyam, Nirakudum, Ormakal Marikkumo, 16 Vayathinile, Aadu Puli Attam, Aanandham Paramaanandham, Naam Pirandha Mann, Kokila, Satyavan Savithri, Aadhya Paadam, Nizhal Nijamagiradhu, Sakka Podu Podu Raja, Madanolsavam, Kaathirunna Nimisham, Aval Viswasthayayirunnu, Anumodhanam, Maro Charitra, Ilamai Oonjaladukirathu, Sattam En Kaiyil, Vayasu Pilichindi, Thappida Thala, Padakuthira, Vayanadan Thamban, Aval Appadithan, Sigappu Rojakal, Manidharil Ithanai Nirangala, Thappu Thalangal, Yaetta, Sommokadidhi Sokkadidhi, Sigappukkal Mookkuthi, Neeya, Allauddinum Albhutha Vilakkum, Thaayillamal Naan Illai, Ninaithale Inikkum, Andhamaina Anubhavam, Allaudinaum Arputha Vilakkum, Idi Katha Kaadu, Nool Veli, Kalyanaraman, Pasi, Guppedu Manasu, Mangala Vaathiyam, Neela Malargal, Azhiyadha Kolangal, Ullasa Paravaigal, Guru, Varumayin Niram Sivappu, Maria, My Darling, Maria, My Darling, Saranam Ayyappa, Natchathiram, Thillu Mullu, Aakali Rajyam, Meendum Kokila, Ram Lakshman, Raja Paarvai, Ek Duuje Ke Liye, Kadal Meengal, Savaal, Sankarlal, Tik Tik Tik, Ellam Inbamayyam, Vazhvey Maayam, Anthiveyilile Ponnu, Moondram Pirai, Maattuvin Chattangale, Simla Special, Sanam Teri Kasam, Sakalakala Vallavan, Ezham Rathiri, Rani Theni, Yeh To Kamaal Ho Gaya, Pagadai Panirendu, Agni Sakshi, Zara Si Zindagi, Uruvangal Maralam, Sattam, Sagara Sangamam, Sadma, Poikkal Kudhirai, Benkiyalli Aralida Hoovu, Thoongadhey Thambi Thoongadhey, Yeh Desh, Ek Nai Paheli, Yaadgar, Raaj Tilak, Enakkul Oruvan, Karishma, Oru Kaidhiyin Diary, Kaakki Sattai, Andha Oru Nimidam, Uyarndha Ullam, Saagar, Geraftaar, Mangamma Sabadham, Japanil Kalyanaraman, Dekha Pyar Tumhara, Vikram, Swathi Muthyam, Naanum Oru Thozhilali, Manakanakku, Oka Radha Iddaru Krishnulu, Punnagai Mannan, Kadhal Parisu, Vrutham, Kadamai Kanniyam Kattupaadu, Per Sollum Pillai, Pushpaka Vimana, Nayakan, Daisy, Soora Samhaaram, Unnal Mudiyum Thambi, Sathya, Apoorva Sagodharargal, Chanakyan, Vetri Vizha, Indrudu Chandrudu, Michael Madana Kama Rajan, Gunaa, Singaravelan, Thevar Magan, Maharasan, Kalaignan, Mahanadi, Magalir Mattum, Nammavar, Sathi Leelavathi, Subha Sankalpam, Kuruthipunal, Indian, Avvai Shanmugi, Chachi 420, Kaathala Kaathala, Hey Ram, Thenali, Aalavandhan, Abhay, Parthale Paravasam, Pammal K. Sambandam, Panchathanthiram, Anbe Sivam, Nala Damayanthi, Virumaandi, Vasool Raja MBBS, Mumbai Express, Rama Shama Bhama, Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu, Dasavathaaram, Unnaipol Oruvan, Eenadu, Four Friends, Manmadhan Ambu, Vishwaroopam, Vishwaroop, Uttama Villain, Papanasam, Thoongaa Vanam, Cheekati Rajyam, Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum, Vishwaroopam II, Vishwaroop II, Sabaash Naidu, Shabhash Kundu.
Television show hosted
Bigg Boss Tamil.
As a Director
He made his directorial debut with the film Chachi 420 (1997), which was the remake of his Tamil movie Avvai Shanmughi (1996).
As a Writer
He has written many of his films including Raja Paarvai (1981), Thevar Magan (1992), Hey Ram (2000), Aalavandhan (2001), Virumaandi (2004), Dasavathaaram (2008), Vishwaroopam (2013), and many more. He publishes his magazine ‘Mayyam’ through the Kamal Haasan’s welfare association (Narpani Iyakkam). His views are published in “Thedi Theerpom Va” by his fan club.
As A Politician
He launched his political party ‘Makkal Needhi Maiam (People’s Justice Centre)’ on 21 February 2018. His party contested for the first time in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
- Padma Shri in 1990
- Padma Bhushan in 2014
- Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Chevalier) by the Government of France in 2016
- Rashtrapati Award for the Best Child Artist for the film “Kalathur Kannamma” in 1960
- Abraham Kovoor National Award for Humanist Activities in 2004
- Kalaimamani by Government of Tamil Nadu 1980
- Honorary Award Government of Kerala 2010
- Special Achievement Award by United Progressive Alliance in 2010
Nandi Awards (instituted by Government of Andhra Pradesh)
- Best Actor for the film “Saagara Sangamam” in 1983
- Best Actor for the film “Swathi Muthyam” in 1986
- Best Actor for the film “Indrudu Chandrudu” in 1989
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards (instituted by Government of Tamil Nadu)
Kamal Haasan has won 8 awards in the best actor category; the first one being in 1977 for the film “16 Vayathinile” and an award in the category of second-best film for the film “Thevar Magan” in 1992.
- Shantaram Awards(instituted by Government of Maharashtra)
He has won an award under the category of Best Actor – Special Jury for the film “Pammal K. Sambandam” in 2002.
National Film Awards
- Best Actor for the film “Moondram Pirai” in 1983
- Best Actor for the film “Nayakan” in 1988
- Best Regional Film (producer) for the film “Thevar Magan” in 1992
- Best Actor for the film “Indian” in 1996
- Best Actor for the film “Saagar” in 1985
- Best story for the film “Virasat” in 1997
Filmfare Awards South
He has won 17 awards under the Best Actor category; the first one being in 1974 for the film “Kanyakumari.”