Lata Mangeshkar Age, Biography, Husband, Family, Facts & More
Lata Mangeshkar is a Indian, Indian playback singer. Lata Mangeshkar was born on 28 September 1929 at Indore, Indore City, Central India Agency, British India and her real age is 91 years 3 months .
Indian playback singer
91 years, 3 months, 20 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes, 55 seconds.
33349 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Lata Mangeshkar also called as Lata Mangeshkar. Check out below to know more details about Lata Mangeshkar’s Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Indian playback singer Industry/Sector: Not Known
|Real Name||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Pet / Nick Name||The Nightingale of Bollywood|
|Profession||Indian playback singer|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Lata Mangeshkar Age (Current)||91 years 3 months 20 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||(M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Indore, Indore City, Central India Agency, British India|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Sure|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- Not Applicable (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Lata Mangeshkar's Height|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Lata Mangeshkar Father||Deenanath Mangeshkar|
|No. Of. Brothers||1|
|No. Of. Sisters||3|
|Brother(s)||Hridaynath Mangeshkar (younger)|
|Sister(s)||Usha Mangeshkar (younger), Asha Bhosle (younger), Meena khadikar (younger)|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Deenanath Mangeshkar
Mother – Shevanti Mangeshkar
Brother – Hridaynath Mangeshkar (younger)
Sisters – Usha Mangeshkar (younger), Asha Bhosle (younger), Meena khadikar (younger)
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Lata Mangeshkar Relationship Status||Committed|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Status||Not Sure|
|Marital Type||Love Come Arrange Marriage|
Affairs/Boyfriends – Bhupen Hazarika (Lyricist) Hindustan Times
|Lata Mangeshkar's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Lata Mangeshkar's Caste||Father - -|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Not Sure|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|Lata Mangeshkar's Current City||Mumbai, India|
|College||Did not attend|
|Lata Mangeshkar's Qualification||She attended a school in Mumbai; only for a single day|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Lata Mangeshkar, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Lata Mangeshkar, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Lata Mangeshkar, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Lata Mangeshkar, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Lata Mangeshkar, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Lata Mangeshkar's Hobbies||Photography|
- She owns a Mercedes Benz car.
- Her hobbies include watching cricket and riding bicycles.
- Lata made her first public performance in 1938, at Nutan Theatre, Sholapur. She sang Raag Khambavati and 2 Marathi songs.
- When Dilip Kumar pointed towards her Maharashtrian accent while singing the Urdu songs, she went to an Urdu teacher, Shafi, to take lessons in Urdu.
- Lata is the oldest winner of the National Film Award in the category of Best Female Playback Singer for “Lekin.”
- She has sung a total of 712 songs for Laxmikant Pyarelal. It is the highest number of songs she has ever recorded for someone.
- In 1984, Madhya Pradesh Government introduced “Lata Mangeshkar Award,” which was followed by Maharashtra Government in 1992.
- Lata took music lessons from Deenanath Mangeshkar (father), Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, Amanat Khan, Devaswale, Ghulam Haidar and Pandit Tulsidas Sharma.
- During her initial days in singing, Lata imitated the singer, Noor Jehan. However, later she developed her own style.
- She was bed-ridden for about 3 months after having received slow poison from some mysterious source. However, she survived.
- Mangeshkar is fondly referred to as the Nightingale of India.
- Meeting K.L. Saigal and singing for Dilip Kumar has been her unfulfilled desires.
- Lata hates wearing any makeup.
- Mangeshkar has sung more than 50,000 songs in 36 different languages.
- Lata monopolized the Filmfare awards for the Best Playback Singer from 1958 to 1966. She ended this in 1969, by giving up Filmfare awards in order to promote fresh talents.
- Lata Mangeshkar refused to workwith composer D. Burman for 7 years after he allegedly took credit for building her career.
- In the year 1962, a rift developed between Lata Mangeshkar and Mohammad Rafi over the royalty issue. Lata wanted a share in the music albums while Rafi advocated for the salary only.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Lata Mangeshkar's Salary||approx|
|Assets||Million USD (approx)|
|Net Worth||(approx.)$10 million (as in 2016)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Dev Anand|
|Favourite Actresses||Nargis, Meena Kumari|
|Favourite Film(s)||Kismet (1943), James Bond Films|
|Favourite Director(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Spicy Foods, Coca Cola|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Quince, Mango|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Los Angeles|
|Lata Mangeshkar's Favourite Colour||Blue|
|Favourite Musician||hulam Haidar, Madan Mohan, Laxmikant Pyarelal, A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
Mangeshkar sang her first song, Naachu Yaa Gade, Khelu Saari Mani Haus Bhaari for the Marathi film, Kitni Hasaal in 1942. However, the song was dropped from the final cut. She played a minor role in Navyug Chitrapat’s Marathi movie Pahili Mangalaa-gaur, in which she also made her singing debut with Natali Chaitraachi Navalaai. In 1943, she sang her first Hindi song Mata Ek Sapoot Ki Duniya Badal De Tu” for the Marathi film Gajaabhaau.
She moved to Mumbai in 1945 and started taking classical music lessons from Ustad Amanat Ali Khan. Lata, along with her sister Asha played small roles in Vinayak’s first Hindi movie, Badi Maa (1945). In Badi Maa, she also sang a bhajan, Maata Tere Charnon Mein.
In her initial days, she faced many rejections as the composers found her voice too thin, to which Ghulam Haider replied, in coming years producers and directors would fall at Lata’s feet and “beg her” to sing in their movies. It was later under the guidance of Ghulam Haider that Mangeshkar received her breakthrough Dil Mera Toda, Mujhe Kahin Ka Na Chhora from the movie Majboor (1948). At that moment she declared Haider as his Godfather.
Mangeshkar gained a lot of popularity after singing Ayega Anewala presented on-screen by actress Madhubala in the film Mahal. It was the turning point in her life as she started to get work from all the leading music directors of that time. She did playback singing for directors like S. D. Burman, Salil Chowdhury, Naushad, Shankar Jaikishan, Madan Mohan, Kalyanki-Anandji, Khayyam, and Pandit Amarnath Husanlal Bhagat Ram.
During the 1950s, Lata sang for successful films like Mother India, Devdas, and Chori Chori and also won her first Filmfare for the Best Female Playback singer for the song Aaja Re Pardesi from the film Madhumati.
She sang songs of different genres for several music directors. From westernised songs like Ajeeb Dastan Hain Yeh to Ragas like Mohe Bhool Gaye Saawariya and Bhajans like Allah Tero Naam, she did justice to all of them. In the 1960s, Lata was the voice behind the most glamorous actresses of that time. On 27 January 1963, Mangeshkar moved dignitaries like Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India, to tears with her rendition of the patriotic song, Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon during the Sino-Indian War.
Lata collaborated with prominent male playback singers like Kishore Kumar, Hemant Kumar, Mukesh, Mahendra Kapoor, Manna Dey, and Mohammed Rafi for various songs. Her duets with Kishore Kumar like Kora Kagaz, Tere Bina Zindagi Se and Aap Ki Aakhon Me spelt some unforgettable musical magic.
Apart from singing, she also composed music for Marathi movies, Ram Ram Pavane, Maratha Tituka Melvana, Mohityanchi Manjula, Sadhi Manase, and Tambadi Mati. Lata has also produced three Hindi films namely, Jhaanjhar (1953), Kanchan (1955), Lekin (1990), and one Marathi film titled Vaadal (1953).
In the 1990s, she gradually reduced the volume of her work owing to health issues and singing only selective songs.
- National Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Paricha (1972)
- National Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Kora Kagaz (1974)
- National Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Lekin (1990)
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Aaja Re Pardesi (1959)
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil (1963)
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Tumhi Mere Mandir Tumhi Meri Pooja (1966)
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Aap Mujhe Achhe Lagne Lage (1970)
- Padma Bhushan(1969)
- Padam Vibhushan(1999)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Award (1989)
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award (1994)
- Filmfare Special Award for Didi Tera Devar Deewana (1995)
- Bharat Ratna (2001)
- One Time Award for Lifetime Achievement to commemorate the 60th anniversary of India’s independence
- 15 Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards
- In September 2019, on her 90th birthday, honoured with the title “Daughter of the Nation” by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for her contribution to the Indian Music.