Mamata Banerjee Age, Caste, Husband, Boyfriend, Career, Family, Biography & More
Mamata Banerjee is an Indian, Politician. Mamata Banerjee was born on Wednesday, January 05, 1955 at Kolkata, West Bengal, India and her real age is 66 years 2 months .
Mamata Banerjee is an Indian Politician and the founder of the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC or TMC). She has been the 8th Chief Minister of West Bengal and the first woman in the State to hold the post of the Chief Minister. Having served many times as a Union Cabinet Minister, Banerjee became the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the first time in 2011.
66 years, 2 months, 0 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes, 6 seconds.
24166 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Mamata Banerjee. Check out below to know more details about Mamata Banerjee’s Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Politician Industry/Sector: Not Known
|Real Name||Mamata Banerjee|
|Pet / Nick Name||No Such Names|
|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Mamata Banerjee Age (Current)||66 years 2 months 0 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||Wednesday, January 05, 1955 (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Sure|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- Not Applicable (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 44 Inches|
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Mamata Banerjee's Height||(approx.)in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4"
|Weight||(approx.)in Kilograms- 59 kg in Pounds- 130 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Mamata Banerjee Father||Promileswar Banerjee|
|No. Of. Brothers||6|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
|Brother(s)||Amit Banerjee, Ajit Banerjee, Kali Banerjee, Baben Banerjee, Ganesh Banerjee, Samir Banerjee|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Promileswar Banerjee
Mother – Gayetri Devi
Sister – N/A
Brother – Amit Banerjee, Ajit Banerjee, Kali Banerjee, Baben Banerjee, Ganesh Banerjee, Samir Banerjee
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Mamata Banerjee Relationship Status||Single|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
Affairs / Boyfriends – N/A
|Mamata Banerjee's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Children Details – N/A
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Mamata Banerjee's Caste||Father - Brahmin|
|Mother - Brahmin|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Mamata Banerjee's Current City||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Deshbandhu Sishu Sikshalaya, Kolkata|
|College||Jogamaya Devi College, Kolkata University of Calcutta, Kolkata Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, Kolkata|
|Mamata Banerjee's Qualification||B.A.(Honours) History M.A. in Islamic History Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Education|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Mamata Banerjee, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Mamata Banerjee, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Mamata Banerjee, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Mamata Banerjee, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Mamata Banerjee, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Mamata Banerjee's Hobbies||Internet Surfing|
- She is often referred to as ‘Didi’ by their supporters and party workers.
- Banerjee is an amateur poet and painter. Her 300 paintings were sold for Rs.9 crore.
- One of her paintings named “Flower Power” was auctioned at a gala event in New York City in October 2012 with a base price of $2500 and after 5 bids, it was sold for $3000.
- In February 2012, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation sent a letter to the West Bengal Government praising Mamata and her administration for achieving a whole year without any reported case of Polio in the State. “This was not only a milestone for India but also for the whole world”
- In spite of Narendra Modi Influence in the country, Mamata Banerjee managed to retain her position as the Chief Minister of State in 2016 as her party performed exceptionally well and secured 211 seats out of 293.
- She lives a very simple life. She always dresses in a traditional white saree and always wears ‘Hawai chappal’ (Sleeper). It is also said, she always does her laundry.
- In December 1998, Banerjee held a Samajwadi Party MP, Dogra Prasad Saroj by his collar and dragged him out of the well of Lok Sabha as he was protesting against the Women’s Reservation Bill.
- On 4 August 2006, she threw her resignation at the deputy speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal as she was not given time to speak in the session over the Bangladeshis infiltration.
- She was heavily denounced for her remarks on rapes. In October 2012, she said, “Earlier if men and women would hold hands, they would get caught by parents and reprimanded but now everything is so open. It’s like an open market with open options.”
- In 2016, the state government under her imposed a ban on Durga Puja after about 25 Muslim families objected against the practice. The state government said that the Durga Puja could hurt the emotions of Muslims as their festival Muharram was on the following day. However, the Calcutta High Court overturned the decision and tagged it as “a bid to appease minorities.”
- Rainbow in Bengali is called “Ramdhonu” and it means Lord Ram’s bow. But in January 2017, the word Ramdhonu was replaced with “Rongdhonu” which means bow of colours. It caused a controversy among the hardliners of the Nation and some levelled it as an attempt of minority appeasement.
- Under her Chief Ministership, her party’s MLAs have been indulged in various scams. She has also been criticised for it.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Mamata Banerjee's Salary||Rs 80,000 per day (for TV serial)|
|Assets||Million USD (approx)|
|Net Worth||13.4 Crores (INR)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Cars Collection – Audi Q7
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Kareena Kapoor|
|Favourite Film(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Director(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Food||Burger, Pizza, Vada Pao|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Prunes, Nectarine|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Thailand and Paris, France|
|Mamata Banerjee's Favourite Colour||Plum (web), Cyber yellow, White|
|Favourite Musician||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
Banerjee started her political career at a very young age through becoming a Congress politician. From 1976 to 1980, she became the general secretary of Mahila Congress (I), West Bengal. In the 1984 Lok Sabha election, she became the youngest parliamentarian ever defeating veteran leader, Somnath Chatterjee from Jadavpur parliamentary Constituency in West Bengal.
In the 1980s, she also became the general secretary of the Indian Youth Congress. In the 1989 Lok Sabha Election, she lost her constituency. However, in the 1991 Parliamentary Election, she won from the Calcutta South constituency and retained her position until 2009. In 1991, she became the Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, Youth Affairs and Sports, and Women and Child Development under the government of P. V. Narasimha Rao. At that time, she was the first female Cabinet Minister for Human Resources Development, Youth Affairs and Sports, and Women and Child Development. While serving as the Sports Minister, she protested against the government’s indifference towards her proposal to improve sports in the nation.
In 1997, she departed the Indian National Congress and laid the foundation of her own party, All India Trinamool Congress. In 1999, she joined the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and was made the railway minister under the Vajpayee government. In 2002, she represented her first railway budget; focussing and benefitting her own state more.
Before the 2009 General Election, she joined the United Progressive Alliance and won her seat in the election. Banerjee was made the Railway Minister for her second tenure. In the 2010 Municipal Elections in West Bengal, her party TMC won Kolkata Municipal Corporation by a margin of 62 seats. In the 2011 West Bengal Election, her party ended the rule of Communist Party of India (Marxist) which had been ruling in the state for 34 years. Mamata Banerjee became the Chief Minister of West Bengal and she is the first female CM of the State. In September 2012, She withdrew her support for the Indian National Congress.
She became the Chief Minister of the State in 2016 for the second time when her party received a landslide victory in the assembly elections.
No Awards Received so far by Mamata Banerjee