Shaan Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Caste, Wiki & More
Shaan is an Indian Playback Singer. Shaan was born on September, 30, 1972 at Khandwa, Nimar, Madhya Pradesh, Indiaand his real age is 48 years 0 months .
48 years, 0 months, 1 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes, 56 seconds.
17533 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Shaan. Check out below to know more details about Shaan’s Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Girl Friends, Wife, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Playback Singer Industry/Sector: Bollywood, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Telugu, Kannada, Hollywood
|Real Name||Shantanu Mukherjee|
|Pet / Nick Name||Not Such|
|Profession||Television Presenter, Music Director, Film Actor, Lyricist, Television Actor, Singer, Television Personality|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Shaan Age (Current)||48 years 0 months 1 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||Saturday, September 30, 1972 (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Khandwa ,Nimar, Madhya Pradesh|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Shaan's Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 8"
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154.32 lbs
|Eye Colour||Brown Eyes|
|Hair Colour||Medium Brown|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Shaan Father||Manas Mukherjee|
|No. Of. Brothers||0|
|No. Of. Sisters||1|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Manas Mukherjee
Mother – Sonali Mukherjee
Sister – Sagarika
Brother – None
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Shaan Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
Affairs / Girlfriends – Not Known
|Shaan's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||2|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Daughter – None
Son – Shubh Mukherjee and Soham Mukherjee
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Shaan's Caste||Father - Not Known|
|Mother - Not Known|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||India|
|Home Town||Khandwa ,Nimar, Madhya Pradesh, India.|
|Shaan's Current City||Khandwa ,Nimar, Madhya Pradesh|
|Shaan's Qualification||Not Known|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Shaan, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Shaan, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Will Drive?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Shaan, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Shaan, Yoga Practitioner?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Gym?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Shaan, a Jogger?||Not Sure Yet|
|Shaan's Hobbies||Listening to Music|
|Music||loves all forms of music|
|Sports||Swimming / Water sports|
- He likes reading.
- He loves sports and plays tennis.
- During his initial days in the industry, Shaan was known by the name Raja, which was also his nickname. Talking about his pseudonym change from Raja to Shaan, he says – Raja was not only my nickname, but also a contracted one. When I was collaborating with Raju [Singh, composer] on a Zee [Music] project in 1993, he asked me to sign the contract under that name Raja. Biddu [composer-producer] changed it from Raja to Shaan. He said Shaantanu [his original name] was too long a name. I was okay shortening it to Shaan because I liked the name, and found Shaantanu slightly thanda.
- During the initial days of his struggle in the industry, Shaan used to take tuitions and sell cable TV points. He also ran a DTP service, where he created layouts and print material for clients like Jet Airways, East-West Airlines, Maersk, etc.
- When Shaan started singing jingles at the age of 5, he was made to stand in front of the mic along with other children. As he grew older, his voice became hoarser, because of which, he was placed away from the mic. He felt so discouraged at that moment that he asked them not to call him again.
- He was 14 years old when he lost his father, who died of tobacco consumption. After his father’s death, his mother started working as a singer.
- Describing as to how he discovered a musician in himself. Shaan says – I was 16, and I’d lost my dad. Until then, while singing, I would struggle to get the nuances of other singers right. Once I tried singing Mohammed Rafi saab’s Subhanallah Haseen Chehra from Kashmir Ki Kali (1964) and pulled it off perfectly. I got all the notes right. I also felt as if I saw my dad’s shadow on the window then. It was a spiritual moment for me.
- Shaan and KK were friends even before they started their singing career. They both met in a local train in Mumbai during the struggling phase of their career. According to KK, they both had their headphones on but somehow they were able to strike a conversation. That’s how they learned about each other.
- In 2013, he contested in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.
- He is the ambassador of the Salaam Bombay NGO’s anti-tobacco campaign.
- The song “Shuruaat” from his album ‘Tishnagi’ was made into a music video to promote the film ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005).’
- The lyrics ‘Musu Musu Hasi, Deu Malai Lai,’ from Shaan’s hit song “Musu Musu” is a Nepali song by the band ‘The Himalayan Band,’ and the actual lyrics of the song were ‘Musu Musu Hasi, Deu Nai Lai Lai.’ The reason behind the change in the lyrics, was because Shaan misconceived the lyrics and recorded the ‘Nai Lai’ as ‘Malai.’ Later, composers got to know about it but decided to keep the lyrics as ‘Malai.’
- Shaan is one of the few Indian singers who have collaborated with international artists like Blue, Michael Learns To Rock, Mel C, and Samira Said.
- He likes travelling and travels frequently. He gives the reason that during his childhood, his family never went on a vacation. He was so focused on his career that he, despite settling in Mumbai in 1991 went to see ‘Gateway of India’ three years later, upon the insistence of Babul Supriyo. He further added – I realised that I shouldn’t grow old like this. That’s when I started going on vacations. My South Africa trip in 2001 was the turning point — I was at Signal Hill alone and had never experienced such silence before. That’s when I realised that breaks are important.
- Shaan says that he sounds like Saif Ali Khan when he speaks. Talking about it, he says – I have seen some bad mimics do good mimics of him and I hope that’s not the way I sound. But I am told so, so may be I do. But he is fantastic and says I am his voice. That feels good.
- His album ‘Tanha Dil’ became a huge hit soon after its release in 2000.
- Shaan has even acted in films. Recalling his acting days, he said- I had no clue as to what I was doing. I was just having fun and got a wonderful offer to act. That time had anyone asked me if I wanted to play for the Indian cricket team, I would have gone ahead and played!. When asked why he did not take acting offers, when he had them, he says- I took my then fiancée for the dub. Before we got married she took just one vow from me. She said if you want this marriage to last and do not want divorce papers, do not ever act again.
- Shaan has judged many TV reality shows, including the popular shows Music Ka Maha Muqqabla and The Voice India.
- Shaan owns an app called ‘Shaan Official App’ that allows his followers to interact with him, get updates from him and through the app, Shaan also organises many contests for them.
- Shaan has his own Youtube Channel “Singer Shaan,” through which, he shares his music videos.
- On 28 October 2018, during his concert in Assam, allegedly attacked by the audience with paper balls and small stones for singing Bengali songs in Assam. However, Shaan denied all the speculations about stones been thrown at him. He added that he had enjoyed his concert in Assam.
- In 2010, he got involved in a heated argument with Mika Singh in the music reality show “Music Ka Maha Muqqabla” over the contestants and their performances.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Shaan's Salary||3-4 Million USD (approx)|
|Assets||60 Million USD (approx)|
|Net Worth||1 Billion USD (approx)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Don't Know|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Drink||Not Known|
|Favourite Fruit||Boysenberry, Figs|
|Preferred Outfit||Not Known|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Ho Chi Minh City and Pattaya|
|Shaan's Favourite Colour||Raspberry, Very pale orange|
|Favourite Musician||Not Revealed Yet|
|Favourite Singer(s)||No Such|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
As a Singer
As a child, Shaan started his career by singing jingles for advertisements. He then took a break from it for a brief period. He returned and continued with singing jingles and began to sing remixes and cover versions of the songs. At the age of 17, he sang a line from the song Kitni Hai Pyari Pyari Dosti Hamari” from the film “Parinda (1989).” He and his sister then signed-up with Magnasound recording company. They recorded a few successful albums such as Naujawan and Q – Funk.
Then came Roop Tera Mastana, which was a remix album of R. D. Burman’s hit songs. He has made several hit albums such as Loveology, Tanha Dil, Aksar and Tishnagi.
He made his Bollywood debut with the songs Musu Musu Hasi” and “Wo Pehli Baar” from the film Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999).
Shaan has sung several hit Bollywood numbers such as Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai, Main Aisa Kyun Hoon, Bum Bum Bole, Jab Se Tere Naina, and Cinema Dekhe Mamma. Shaan made his Bengali debut with the song Olite Golite Jane Galo Naam from the movie Guru in 2013.
He made his Telugu debut with the song Cheliya Cheliya from the film Manmadhudu in 2002.
He made his Kannada debut with the song Amma Amma I Love You from the film Maurya (2004). He made his Tamil debut with the song Poo Poothathu from the film Mumbai Xpress (2005).
He made his Marathi debut with the song Jaanta Ajanta from the film Lagna Pahave Karun (2013). Shaan has also sung for Pakistani films. The first song that he sang was Jaadu Bhari from the Pakistani film Love Mein Ghum (2011).
As a Composer, Lyricist, Actor & a Host
Shaan has composed the music and wrote the lyrics for his albums Loveology, Tanha Dil, Aksar and Tishnagi. He made his acting debut with the film Tarkieb (2000). He has acted in many films such as Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001), Hungama (2003), Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya (2014), and Helicopter Eela (2018).
He hosted the ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ series from 2001 to 2006. He has even hosted ‘The Voice India’ season 1 & 2. Apart from that, he has also hosted several award functions.
- Honoured by the New York City for his campaign against tobacco in 2011
- Star Parivar Award for Favourite Host for the show “Star Voice of India” in 2009
- MTV Asia Music Award for Best Solo Album for the album “Tanha Dil” in 2002
- Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Jab Se Tere Naina” from the film “Saawariya” in 2008
- Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Chand Sifarish” from the film “Fanaa” in 2007
- Filmfare Award South for Kannada Cinema: Best Playback Singer – Male for the song “Kannalle Kannittu” from the film”Shravani Subramanya” in 2014