Shekhar Gupta's Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Girlfriend, Family, Biography, Facts, Photos, Videos & More
Shekhar Gupta is an Indian Journalist. Shekhar Gupta was born on 26 August 1957 in Palwal, Haryana and his real age is 63 years 7 months .
63 years, 7 months, 18 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes, 33 seconds.
23241 Total days
Wiki / Biography, Biodata
Shekhar Gupta is Check out below to know more details about Shekhar Gupta’s wiki, biography, age, wife, girlfriends, affair, height, weight, caste, family and more.Article Type: Biography
|Real Name||Shekhar Gupta|
|Pet / Nick Name||Not Such|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Shekhar Gupta Age (Current)||63 years 7 months 18 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||-- 08/26/1957 (M/D/Y)|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Shekhar Gupta's Height||5 feet 4 inches / 162 Centimeters|
|Weight||65 kg / 143.325 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father / Mother, Family Details
|Shekhar Gupta Father||Not Known|
|No. Of. Brothers||0|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Not Known
Mother – Not Known
Siblings – Not Known
Relationship, Affairs, Wife / Husband, Girlfriends / Boyfriends
|Shekhar Gupta Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
|Spouse||Wife - Neelam Jolly (Social Worker)|
Affairs/Girlfriends – Neelam Jolly
|Shekhar Gupta's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son / Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Kids – Not Known
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Shekhar Gupta's Caste||Father - Not Known|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi, Punjabi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Palwal, Haryana|
|Home Town||Palwal, Haryana|
|Shekhar Gupta's Current City||Palwal, Haryana|
|School||Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Palwal Vidya Mandir School, Punjab|
|College||School of Communication Studies, Panjab University|
|Shekhar Gupta's Qualification||Bachelor of Journalism|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Shekhar Gupta, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Shekhar Gupta, Smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Is Shekhar Gupta, Swims?||Yes|
|Is Shekhar Gupta, Yoga Practitioner?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Shekhar Gupta, a Jogger?||Not Sure Yet|
|Shekhar Gupta's Hobbies||Internet Surfing, Movies|
|Music||Film songs, Indian classical|
- His wife Neelam Jolly owns and runs an NGO, Vishwas. It is supported by a lot of renowned people in the media industry such as Arun Shourie, Lord Meghnad Desai among many more.
- In 2014, Shekhar Gupta compiled all the famous writings from his column in The Indian Express, National Interest, in a book named “Anticipating India”.
- In 2017, he launched a book, which had 25 of the most impactful political interviews from his talk show, Walk The Talk, which had marked a political change, not only in India but also around the world.
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Don't Know|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Drink||Not Known|
|Favourite Fruit||Not Known|
|Preferred Outfit||Not Known|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Not Known|
|Shekhar Gupta's Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Favourite Musician||Not Revealed Yet|
|Favourite Singer(s)||No Such|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Not Revealed Yet|
- In 2010, Shekhar Gupta closed down his company Greenpine Agro after he was accused by the former Army General, VK Singh of tax evasion, fraud, and being involved in the Commonwealth Games Scam, as Gupta had not filed tax for many years, and then he filed 8 years of his company’s balance sheets on a single day on 18 January 2010. Gupta closed down the company on 30 August 2010, by filing for EES (Early Exit Scheme).
- In May 2012, Shekhar sued the founder of the Outlook India magazine, Vinod Mehta. In an interview to the Open Magazine, Mehta said that Shekhar had written an article earlier in 2012 deliberately to damage the reputation of the former Army Chief General, VK Singh. In reaction to this statement, Gupta sued Vinod Mehta and the Open magazine. This issue was hyped as many people stated that Gupta reacted immaturely to this whole situation.
- In 2017, Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen accused Shekhar of changing the headline of one of her articles to create a rift between communities. The heading of the article offended many people in India. The headline after being changed was- “Why are Hindus Trying to prove that they can become ISIS-like extremists”. She posted a screenshot of a conversation regarding this with Shekhar Gupta after the heading was changed.
- In a leaked document in April 2019, he was named in the Enforcement Directorate’s supplementary charge sheet. It stated that the main accused of the Augusta Westland Scam, Christian Michel, paid Shekhar Gupta through a broker, to tone down the “Augusta Westland Chopper Scam” news and to influence the public opinion.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Shekhar Gupta's Salary||(As the Editor-in-Chief and the CEO of Indian Express) INR 10 crores per annum|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Shekhar started as a cub reporter in 1977 in The Indian Express, Chandigarh. He worked there for 6 years and resigned in 1983 to join India Today as a reporter. There, he covered a lot of big stories such as Operation Bluestar, the Gulf War of 1991, and the Nellie massacre in Assam, among many more. In 1995, he joined The Indian Express again and eventually became the Editor-in-Chief and the CEO. He had a weekly column in The Indian Express called National Interest. He also did a talk show with NDTV 24×7 named- “Walk The Talk”. It was very popular and aired for around 15 years, with more than 600 being guests invited to the show.
In 2015 he quit The Indian Express and joined India Today as the Editor-in-Chief, but, he left after a very short term of just two months. In 2017, he started a new venture with Barkha Dutt, and started a new digital media company named, The Print. Even though Barkha Dutt and Shekhar Gupta announced the venture together, Barkha was never involved in The Print, she wasn’t even named in the company records and 6 months after The Print started, her name was dropped from the company website too.
His talk show, Walk The Talk, was renamed as “Off The Cuff” but it still aired on NDTV 24×7, although, the ownership rights were under Shekhar’s company, The Print. The format of the show was modified; the show is now filmed in front of a live audience instead of a one on one interview, and live interaction with the audience is also introduced after the interview concluded.
- He was honoured with the 1984 American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) fellowship at the Tufts University and The New York Times
- He received the Inlaks “Young Journalist of the Year” Award in 1985
- The GK Reddy Award for Journalism in 1997
- The Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Memorial Award for National Integration in 2006
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the UPA government in 2009 for his contribution to journalism.