Usha Uthup Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Husband & More
Usha Uthup is a Indian Singer. Usha Uthup was born on Friday, November 07, 1947 at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and her real age is 72 years 11 months .
72 years, 11 months, 17 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes, 44 seconds.
26650 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Usha Uthup also called as Usha Uthup. Check out below to know more details about Usha Uthup’s Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Singer Industry/Sector: Not Known
|Real Name||Usha Uthup|
|Pet / Nick Name||Didi|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Usha Uthup Age (Current)||72 years 11 months 17 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||Friday, November 07, 1947 (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- Not Applicable (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||35-30-38 (B-H-W)|
|Usha Uthup's Height||in centimeters- 163 cm in meters- 1.63 m in Feet Inches- 5' 4"|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 Kg|
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Usha Uthup Father||Vaidyanath Someshwar Sami (DC in Police)|
|No. Of. Brothers||1|
|No. Of. Sisters||3|
|Sister(s)||Uma Pocha (doctor), Maya Sami (singer), Indira Srinivasan (travel industry executive)|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Vaidyanath Someshwar Sami (DC in Police)
Mother – Not Known
Sister – Uma Pocha (doctor), Maya Sami (singer), Indira Srinivasan (travel industry executive)
Brother – Shyam Iyer
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Usha Uthup Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Love Come Arrange Marriage|
|Spouse||Husband: Ramu Iyer (Died), Jani Chacko Uthup|
Affairs / Boyfriends – Not Known
|Usha Uthup's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||1|
|No.Of. Female Kids||1|
Daughter – Anjali
Son – Sunny
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Usha Uthup's Caste||Father - Not Revealed Yet|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Not Sure|
|Home Town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Usha Uthup's Current City||Same As Home Town|
|School||St. Agnes High School, Mumbai|
|Usha Uthup's Qualification||Not Known|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Usha Uthup, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Usha Uthup, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Usha Uthup, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Usha Uthup, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Usha Uthup, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Usha Uthup's Hobbies||Puzzles|
|Music||Instrumental - Western|
- Her traditional South Indian upbringing influences her signature-look; Kanjeevaram Saree with a coin-sized bindi.
- She knows more than five languages. She considers English as her first language, Hindi as second, Marathi, French and Tamil as the third, fourth and fifth languages respectively.
- She has sung in more than 16 Indian and six foreign languages.
- When Usha was in school, she was thrown out of her music class because of her hoarse voice. Later, her music teacher recognised her interest in music and provided her with clappers and triangles to play.
- She never got professional training in music but she grew up in a musical atmosphere. Her parents used to listen to Western Classical and Carnatic music including the singers like Kishori Amonkar and Bade Ghulam Ali Khan on the radio. She used to join them and loved listening to Radio Ceylon.
- Her next-door neighbour, S.M.A. Pathan’s (deputy commissioner of police) daughter influenced Usha to learn Hindi and take up Indian Classical Music.
- She met her husband, Jani Chacko Uthup for the first time at the Calcutta night club, Trincas.
- Initially, she was supposed to sing “Dum Maaro Dum” from “Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971)” with Asha Bhosle but could not do so. According to Usha, she and Asha rehearsed together for the song but on the day of recording, Usha wasn’t called. She finally called R. D. Burman to confirm her schedule and Burman replied that only Asha would sing the song. However, later, she got the chance to sing the English part of the song.
- In 1968, she recorded covers of the pop songs “Jambalaya,” “Greenback Dollar (by The Kingston Trio),” and “Scotch and Soda (by The Kingston Trio)” in English in an EP titled, “Love Story”.
- While she was recording the songs for her EP, she also spent some time in London and she frequently visited Vernon Corea’s BBC office in Langham, London.
- She was also interviewed on one of the popular radio programs called ‘London Sounds Eastern’ that aired on BBC Radio London.
- In the late 1960s, the then Prime Minister of Kenya, Jomo Kenyatta, made Usha an honorary citizen of Kenya.
- She has also sung for the two volumes of children’s rhymes “Karadi Rhymes,” which are Indian rhymes for Indian Kids by Karadi Tales.
- She has also served as a judge on the reality singing shows like “Bharat Ki Shaan: Singing Star– Season 2 (2012),” “Star Singer,” “The Voice,” and many more.
- She also composed and recorded the song “The Peace Prayer” based on the poem of the former President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam
- She has worked on several governmental and non-governmental projects in aid to the various social causes such as women empowerment, trafficking, child abuse, health problems, etc.
- She likes to watch IPL. She supports the team Kolkata Knight Riders
- She was associated with Mother Teresa for more than 47 years. Usha met Teresa for the first time, during her visit to a homoeopath named Sr Amy. The singer would often stop to visit Teresa on her way to the recording studio. Mother Teresa would also invite her to sing in her three ashramas, Prem Daan, Shishu Mandir, and Mother House. Usha has also performed many charity concerts for Missionaries of Charity, especially in Kolkata and still does so.
In 1983, Usha filed a defamation suit against Jatin Chakroborty, the then Public Works Minister of West Bengal, after he made several remarks on the singer. Jatin previously had filed a petition to ban Usha from state-owned institutions to protect West Bengal’s tradition and culture from Usha, who he thought was contaminating it through her cheap, disco, perverted culture. Two months later, the High Court’s verdict came in favour of Usha, declaring that she had every right to perform and there were no restrictions imposed on her.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Usha Uthup's Salary||(approx.)|
|Assets||Million USD (approx)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
No Asset Details Revealed Yet
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Film(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Director(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Food||Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Rasam, Sambhar, Kali Dal|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Akee, Tamarillo|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Tokyo, Japan|
|Usha Uthup's Favourite Colour||Moonstone, Flattery,|
|Favourite Musician||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
Singing Debut: Chattakkari (1974)
- Padma Shri in 2011
- Filmfare Award for the Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Darling” from the film “7 Khoon Maaf” in 2011
- Mirchi Music Awards- Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017