Vijay Sethupathi Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Girlfriends, Career, Biography & More
Vijay Sethupathi is an Indian Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Singer, Lyricist. Vijay Sethupathi was born on Monday, January 16, 1978 at Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu, India and her real age is 42 years 9 months .
42 years, 9 months, 12 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes, 47 seconds.
15626 Total days
Wiki / Biography
Vijay Sethupathi. Check out below to know more details about Vijay Sethupathi’s Photos, Videos, Gossips, News, Career, Movies List, Wiki, Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Career, Caste, Affairs, Marital Status, Father, Mother, Family, Affairs, Kids, Siblings, Net Worth, Facts, Occupation, Education, Awards & More.Article Type: Biography Category: Actor Industry/Sector: Not Known
|Real Name||Vijay Sethupathi|
|Pet / Nick Name||No Such Names|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Singer, Lyricist|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Vijay Sethupathi Age (Current)||42 years 9 months 12 days old|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||Monday, January 16, 1978 (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||-- Not Applicable (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38.5 Inches|
- Waist: 33.5 Inches
- Biceps: 14.5 Inches
|Vijay Sethupathi's Height||(approx.)in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 9"
|Weight||(approx.)in Kilograms- 65 kg in Pounds- 143 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
|Nature||Openness to Experience|
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Vijay Sethupathi Father||Kalimuthu|
|No. Of. Brothers||2|
|No. Of. Sisters||1|
|Brother(s)||Anna and Thambi|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Kalimuthu
Mother – Saraswathi
Brother – Anna and Thambi
Sister – Thangachi
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Vijay Sethupathi Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Love Come Arrange Marriage|
Affairs / Girlfriends – Not Known
|Vijay Sethupathi's Wedding Date||-|
|Together Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
|Separated Timeline||- 0 years
0 seconds |
0 Total days
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||0|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Daughter – Shreeja
Son – Surya
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Vijay Sethupathi's Caste||Father - Not Revealed Yet|
|Mother - Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Rajapalayam|
|Vijay Sethupathi's Current City||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||MGR Higher Secondary School in Kodambakkam Little Angels Mat HR Sec School.|
|College||Dhanraj Baid Jain College in Chennai|
|Vijay Sethupathi's Qualification||Bachelors in Commerce|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
|Does Vijay Sethupathi, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Vijay Sethupathi, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Vijay Sethupathi, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Vijay Sethupathi, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Vijay Sethupathi, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Vijay Sethupathi's Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Food||South Indian, Spanish|
|Music||Indian classical, loves all forms of music|
- He loves watching animated films, and Madagascar is his favourite film.
- There is an interesting story as to how he got his pseudonym “Makkal Selvan.” It was the title given to him by the director, Seenu Ramasamy. During the shooting of the song ‘Aandipatti Kanava Kaathu’ from the film “Dharma Durai (2016),” he arrived at the shooting location before the crew. While he was waiting for his crew, he smelled tamarind rice being cooked by some workers from Munnar at a nearby village. He asked his driver to ask the workers to share some rice with him. When Seenu arrived, Vijay shared some rice with him too. Seenu liked the rice too and asked for some more to which workers obliged. That’s when Seenu decided to give him the title of “Makkal Selvan,” which means that someone who is dear to the people. After having the rice, Seenu even gave Rs. 500 to Vijay.
- He took commerce in his school because he didn’t want to do engineering and also because all his friends were taking admission in D.B. Jain College to study commerce.
- After finishing his graduation, he joined in as an account assistant at a wholesale cement business.
- He did various jobs for pocket money such as working as a salesperson at a retail store, a cashier at fast food point, and a phone booth operator.
- He tried his luck in CA and ICWA foundation, but couldn’t clear his exams.
- He had the responsibility of taking care of three siblings, so, he moved to Dubai. There he worked as an accountant only because the job there paid him four times more than what he was earning in India.
- He never wanted to become an actor. He only wanted to pay his loans, get married and build a house of his own. Acting just happened to him luckily.
- He was unhappy with his job and returned to India in 2003. He then started an interior decoration business with his friend. After which, he joined a marketing company which dealt with readymade kitchens.
- One day, when he saw Koothupattarai’s (a prominent Tamil theatre group in which he had worked earlier) poster and after seeing the poster, he recalled the famous cinematographer and director, Balu Mahendra, who had once commented that Vijay had ‘a photogenic face,’ which motivated him, and he decided to pursue acting as his career.
- When he finally decided to do acting, he asked Jayarao, a member of ‘Koothu-P-Pattarai’ that how will he be able to become an actor when he could not even do mimicry. Jayarao replied – That’s good. You won’t imitate anyone. Whatever comes out of you will be original. But I don’t need actors now.
- When asked about who were the biggest influences in his life, he replied – Everything I learnt about films was from Manikandan who made Wind, Karthik Subbaraj and my friend Anand Kumaresan who watches every film first day first show…and then Nalan, during Soodhu Kavvum.
- Na Muthuswamy, the director of ‘Koothu-P-Pattarai’ always inspired him and told him that acting could not be taught but actors could train themselves by observing different aspects of life.
- In 2010, he acted in many short films including Thuru, Neer, Petti Case, Raa Vanam, Kadhal Sutru, Wind, The Angel, Maa Thavam.
- He owns a film production studio called Vijay Sthupati Productions.
- In 2019, he stated that the Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s stand on the Sabarimala issue was correct, and there was no point of banning women from entering the temple during their menstruation. He even said that the caste system in the Indian Society was meaningless. After which, he was brutally trolled for his statements on social media. Some even claimed that he was trying to tarnish the Hindu religion.
- In 2019, fake photos were circulating, in which, Vijay was seen making a controversial statement against ‘Bhagwat Gita.’ The statement read- Bhagavad Gita isn’t a holy book. The current poor situation in our society is due to such books which have been fabricated out of imagination
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Vijay Sethupathi's Salary||$ 9.02 Million|
|Assets||Million USD (approx)|
|Net Worth||$ 30 Million|
Movable and Immovable Assets
No Asset Details Revealed Yet
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Prabhu Deva, Rajinikanth, Dhanush|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Sure|
|Favourite Film(s)||Madagascar Series, Mullum Malarum (1978), Johnny (1980), 16 Vayathinile (1977)|
|Favourite Director(s)||M. Manikandan, Mani Ratnam|
|Favourite Food||South Indian Food|
|Favourite Drink||Not Sure|
|Favourite Fruit||Wolfberry, Lime|
|Preferred Outfit||Yet To Update|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Japan and Washington DC|
|Vijay Sethupathi's Favourite Colour||Black, Blue|
|Favourite Musician||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Yet To Update|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
As An Actor
In 2004, he joined the theatre group ‘Koothu-P-Pattarai’ as an accountant and as an actor. He started off as a supporting actor, where he played the role of lead’s friend. The first film he worked in was “M. Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi (2004)” in which, he played the role of a boxing spectator.
The director Suseenthiran recommended his name to Seenu Ramasamy, who gave him his first lead role in the Tamil film “Thenmerku Paruvakaatru (2010).”
He made his television debut with the Tamil serial “Penn (2006).”
He has featured in a negative role in the Tamil film “Sundarapandian (2012).” He has acted in several hit films such as Pizza (2012), Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara (2013), Rummy (2014), Orange Mittai (2015), Sethupathi (2016), Vikram Vedha (2017), 96 (2018), and Super Deluxe (2019).
As A Writer, Singer, Lyricist, Director & Producer
He worked as a producer, dialogue writer, playback singer, and lyricist in the Tamil film “Orange Mittai (2016).”
He sang the songs “Orae Oru Oorla” and “Straight Ah Poyee” from the film “Orange Mittai.”
He has also produced the film “Junga (2018).”
- Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Best Villain for the film “Sundarapandian” in 2012
- Asiavision Awards for Best Actor for “Dharma Durai” in 2016
Filmfare Awards South
- Best Actor for the film “Pizza” in 2012
- Best Actor-Tamil for the film “Vikram Vedha” in 2017